Be a Spark in the Dark
June 3 - August 12
All kids age 2 through 8th grade are welcome to participate.
A great way to encourage your child to read while learning something about God!
THIS YEAR: Reading efforts will “raise” money for playground equipment for
Fishbone Ministries. Ask in the Library for details!
* Books for Summer Reading must be checked out of the CAC Library. Book Logs are provided to record author and title –PLEASE make sure the writing is legible
* Book Logs with at least five entries may be turned in each week in exchange for a prize-drawing ticket. Prizes are displayed in the Library, tickets are drawn weekly, and families are notified of winning tickets.
* If you have a beginning reader, please feel free to use a combination of read-to-me books and independent reading.
* If an older child reads to a younger child, the title may count on both Book Log sheets.
* Books must be read between June 3rd – August 12th.
* Book Logs must be signed by a parent/guardian.
* Book Logs will not be accepted after 12:30 pm on August 12th.
* Children are encouraged to read Missionary and Heroes of the Faith books.
These books are identified in the Library with a green sticker on the spine.
* A Summer Reading Recognition to congratulate participants will be held in August
– watch for details!